Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Spring 2013 Playlist

I've been reconnecting with music in a major way lately. This sounds like a weird thing to say, if you've been following me or my blog for awhile, or if you know me in person, because music has always been something I've written about, and I go apeshit over things like Coachella.

But I think it's probably an accurate statement to say that for awhile, my interest in music had become kind of academic, in a way. While my personal emotions were dulled, my emotional connection to music had been dulled as well. There were still songs and artists I appreciated above others, but not because of relate-ability or a personal connection -- it was a purely auditory appreciation. Since I posted my winter playlist back in January, that shallow connection had started to change. I was feeling again, and feeling music again, which is why I was prompted to post that playlist in the first place: I wanted to share it because it actually felt like sharing myself.

So, here I am again, with a group of songs that I viscerally connected to in the group of months I'm loosely calling "spring," from about February though the end of May. These aren't all new songs, but for whatever reason, they were important to me during this time. Some may seem kind of silly ("Get Lucky", "Disappear") but then again, I'm pretty silly myself sometimes, so...

Please enjoy! If you're out there. And if you want to geek out and talk about any of these songs with me, you know I'm down.

Spring 2013 by Amanda Crow on Grooveshark

1 comment:

  1. dude- great minds...I've totally been on a autre ne veut kick lately!

    ReplyDelete