Friday, July 6, 2012

Stuff my neighbors listen to

I don't live, currently, in what one might call a "quiet" neighborhood. It's been the 4th of July here since approximately June 23rd, and I expect the holiday to continue probably until the end of the weekend. Lest you think I'm being obscure, what I mean is that I've had nightly fireworks shows for the past week and a half.

Anyway, one of the other joys of living in a loud neighborhood is never having to turn my music down, because everyone else's is so damn loud. Here is a short list of the recognizable music heard around my building recently:

  • Arcade Fire
  • Mariachi, assorted
  • Nero
  • Deadmau5
  • T.I.
  • Washed Out
  • "Call Me Maybe"
  • Bob Marley
And that's what's recognizable. That aside, I pretty reliably get people driving down the street in blacked-out Audis and Lexi, reverberating their untz proudly into their surroundings. One of these days, I'm going to Shazam some of the Mariachi, assorted so that I can put together a legit Block Party playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment