Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New recipes

Like many people, one of the things I've been using Pinterest for is to track recipes I find online. After collecting several, I felt it was high time to start actually trying to make the things I've been drooling over online. The tricky aspect at first was to choose a practical one. A lot of the recipes that are pinned are appetizers or desserts. I'm partial to the appetizers myself, but as someone cooking just for herself, I don't have the time or the money to cook tapas-style.

So for my first outing, I selected this one:

Braised Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas with Lemon (recipe here)
I didn't take a picture of my own version, but suffice it to say, it was successful (and actually pretty easy!) Outside of the prep work, all I had to do was just pour stuff in a pot and make sure I didn't burn it. This is a vegan dish, so to get a bit more mileage out of it leftovers-wise I cooked up some sausage on the side and had that with it. It was great. So, thanks Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment